Bruno, LA’s Watchdog: A Dark Shadow on the Moon

If you are like this star-crossed dog, you know a thing or two about omens and from what I heard around the breakfast table this morning as Saint Deb was packing up her batches of Christmas cookies for her office pals, auspicious events are happening tonight.Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for keeper.jpg

Auspicious is her word for it but I’m suspicious.

It seems that about midnight tonight something really scary is going to happen, a bunch of astronomical and astrological events all happening at the same time..

This old stray dog has seen a lot of scary things happen out on the streets around the midnight hour but nothing like this.

I’m never quite sure what Ron believes or whether he’s got his facts straight but for what it’s worth he says it’s only happened once in 2,000 years, back on December 21 in 1638.

He claims that within weeks Europeans were killing in each in wars and revolutions and the American colonialists started price fixing tobacco, subsidizing munitions plants, printing their first newspaper full of lies and propaganda for the rich and founding that bastion of miseducation called Harvard.lunar-eclipse4.jpg

Talk about a dark shadow on the moon, you can’t beat him.

But it is a dark shadow on the moon we’re talking about, the shadow of the Earth turning the full moon a coppery red right at midnight at the start of the shortest day of the year, the winter solstice.

It doesn’t get any stranger than that.

I’m not sure what to believe but I’m not taking any chances. I’m sleeping on Deb’s side of the bed tonight and covering my eyes with my paws and hoping she’s right about this and it’s going to be the happiest Christmas ever with crumbs of cookies falling from the table and happy times for everyone.

This entry was posted in Bruno Watchdog L.A. and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Bruno, LA’s Watchdog: A Dark Shadow on the Moon

1. Harvard was founded in 1636. The Business School a few years later.

2. G. Shepherd says:

Not to worry, pal. St. Deb will make sure you stay high and dry and safe from the water pellets falling non-stop from the sky an astronomically rare cosmic event in itself, and a real rare cosmic meandering of moon, sun and Earth.
    And oh, those fantasmic falling cookie crumbs! Much better than falling stars. Like you, I know just whose chair to sit next to at mealtime when all those lucious goodies magically move from fridge to oven to table to floor. It didn’t take long to figure out which of my sisters is the sloppiest eater in the house.
    When I’m really lucky, she bypasses the middleman floor and the crumbs go directly from fingers to drooling mouth. That makes Mom really mad — but not as mad as a dog can get — because she wants the crumbly bits to go into my food bowl to trick me into eating the kibble.
    Well, at least they doesn’t come out of a maniacal kibble dispensing machine.
    Have a great season of eating. I know I will. I heard someone mention something about pate, and — trust me — my Mom’s pate ain’t any old chopped liver!
    Your Pal,
    G.

Its scary to think that some of the most powerful men in office including Presidents have all turned to this hooky pooky planet stuff. Bruno my cutie doggie hope Ronnie puts you inside with this horrible storm. This is even more scary and jumps to add Ron’s story on Tutor just posted in LA Weekly. Everyone knows dumb Dennis is a sick man who goes after ANYTHING in a skirt
    Dennis Zine Dating Lobbyist For Losing LAX Bidder
    Councilman Dennis Zine is dating a lobbyist for a firm that is protesting a $271 million contract before the City Council. In an interview, Veronica Becerra confirmed that she is working for Tutor-Perini, which is seeking to build a new utility plant at Los Angeles International Airport. She also confirmed that she is going out with Zine.”We date,” she said. “It’s a dating situation. It’s not like we’re living together… It’s a well-known fact that Dennis Zine dates quite a few young ladies in downtown Los Angeles. It’s not like it’s an exclusive relationship.”
    The allegation was first reported in the Daily Breeze, which cited “several City Hall sources” who claimed that Becerra was Zine’s girlfriend.
    Tutor-Perini is protesting the award of a $271 million contract to Clark-McCarthy.

4. AnonymouslyYours says:

Oh, boy! Some kindhearted soul should send Veronica Becerra some links to the very public sexual harassment law suit brought against Zine a few years ago by a former girlfriend to wash away some of her naivete about Hizzsleezeballness.

5. Mr. Greyhound says:

Hey, at least those crumbs taste better than those LA residents have been getting lately. Let’s hope next year brings lots of cookies for everyone, beginning on March 8th!
    Wags Bruno.

Geez, talk about burying the lead, Zine dating lobbyist for Tutor which is “protesting” the contract going to another company. (one who actually followed the RULES instead of openly making a false presentation, like putting the summer degrees at 20 degrees cooler than the requirement the others followed!) Why would any “young lady” be dating a fat, bald old uncouth oaf if she weren’t expecting to benefit? Do any of the other women he dates “downtown” that is, likely to be connected to the city government, have any business before the city?

Wow! the city has advanced. We now have the Sacto lobbyist/whores in town. So liberal! Don’t mind dating a guy who is in bed with so many others at the same time. Damn, and I thought I was a liberal woman. I’d kill the bastard.

Ok we’ve been waiting for Cooley’s Public Integrity Div. to come out with their investigation. Then we’re waiting for the State Integrity and if this is any indication what the Failure of Mayor in LA has waiting for him I say whoopppeeeeee
    The state’s top ethics watchdog slapped Gov. Paterson with a whopping $62,000 fine this morning for accepting free World Series tickets last year from the New York Yankees. The Public Integrity Commission’s penalty – the first of its kind against a sitting governor – follows a months-long investigation into the Democratic governor’s freebie foul initially set off by a story in The Post

Nothing short of handcuffs will satisfy.

‘Good thing the City didn’t know about the lunar eclipse sooner. Otherwise, they’d have voted for us to buy permits to watch it.

11. Pasadena Honey says:

Maybe Denny’s new Chief of Staff can provide a list of some of the other women Dennis has “dated” since he admits to a non-monogamous relationship.