You know hiding in the bushes, under freeway overpasses, dark corners of parks — friends who keep their eyes and ears on alert for scraps of food, even food for thought,
It was one of those old watchdogs that came across this nugget in the garbage of one of that army of paid workers in Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign who are lucky enough to have their own very private website to keep in touch and share job opportunities, like this one posted Tuesday by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa’s press spokesman Sarah Hamilton.
More than just the Messenger
Job Opening – New Media Director, Office of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa (Los Angeles)
The Office of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is hiring a New Media Director
Job Description Below:
- Work with Deputy Mayor and Lead Spokesperson to design and implement online communications strategy.
- Manage and update online content.
- Work with Mayor’s policy teams to get accurate, up-to-date information online.
- Manage day-to-day updating of Mayor’s website and social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Flickr and YouTube.
- Manage all photo, video, and design production within Mayor’s office.
- Manage Mayor’s email list, and develop strategy to grow and cultivate the list.
- Develop long-term strategy for using new-media tools to organize residents support the overall communications strategy.
A dream job for Bruno if he was looking for a work, exactly what I do. I bark the alarm if the mailman or anyone else comes within `100 feet of the house and decide who gets in and who gets mauled. Every dog in the neighborhood spreads the word.
There’s a lot of dogs I know who knew all about social networking.
“Gardeners are here, noisy bastards, I’d like to kill them.”
The word spreads just like that.
If Bruno wasn’t semi-retired, he’d jump at it — got to be worth a lot
more than 2,000 $50 bags of Eukanuba, food for a dog’s whole life.
There must be thousands, tens of thousands who could do that kind of work right here in LA where it seems like nearly everybody is out of work or having a hard time putting chow on the table or wherever they put it..
Trouble is nobody knows about this great opportunity except the privileged few who Sarah Hamilton told about it on the private site for Clinton campaign alumni.
That’s something to bark about.
There’s gotta be some young pup or mangy old dog out there who does how do this stuff and needs a cushy job with the mayor himself.
Just write firstname.lastname@example.org. I tried but haven’t heard back. I even tried calling but she just stepped away and didn’t return my call.