Video streaming by Ustream

Marcia Selz, president of the Council District 5 Home Owners Association, and I will be asking the tough questions of the leading mayoral candidates on Saturday with a live broadcast starting at 10 a.m. at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cd5-hoa-events.

This one of the best informed and organized community groups in the city so we are sure to find out a lot about these wannabe mayors — Councilwoman Jan Perry, radio talk show and attorney Kevin James, Councilman Eric Garcetti and Controller Wendy Greuel.

How will they fix L.A.? How will they balance the budget, pave the streets and sidewalks, solve the pension crisis?

Tune in and be informed.

This entry was posted in 2013 Election, 2013 LA Elections, City Hall, Community Activists, Hot Topics, Los Angeles and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Perry, James, Garcetti and Greuel Face Grilling by CD5 Homeowners: Mayoral Forum Live on Ustream Saturday 10 a.m.

1. insider says:

Yeah Ron, and how they will keep our DWP rates down……….

2. teddy says:

Congrats to the CD5 Home Owners … Tried to attend but was told it is private . So glad you, Ron, will be asking questions as well. My qustion:
    I ask is how did the whole city government act in this – did noone say “I do
    not think we need to spend that money?”?

3. teddy says:

I posted my question, but I guess I do not know the
    proticol of tthe meeting tomorrow Sorry.

4. Sierra says:

Why did you announce this event the last minute?

Is it closed to the public to attend in person?

What is the address of the debate venue?

5. “We all know what to do, we just don’t know how to get re-elected after we have done it.”

Jean-Claude Junker (Prime Minister of Luxembourg)

6. teddy says:

Have integrity- why does LA have a problem with that and its officials?

7. teddy says:

May I answer my own question? Deals. Who elects our officials
    as a payoff on deals like pensions?

Unions vote as their leaders tell them.

Unable to tune in. Unfriendly site.

9. teddy says:

Never got in either although I tried everything. Apparently CO5
    held it private. Anyway, please let us know what happened, how
    did Kevin James do? I wanted to go so bad aas you could tell
    from my asking so many questions here on this site.

No rest for the wicked…right?

10. Wayne the Independent-Liberal says:

Great! Awesome! Does this show a Yes vote for Kevin over the other fools, or what?

Excellent questions! Garcetti was the worst, speaking to the Unions and promising the same disastrous policies that have brought the city close to bankruptcy. Perry lied and Gruel was non-committal. Kevin James is the only one with hope for the city.

12. LAISCORRUPT says:

Ron, are you going to write a follow-up on the forum that YOU moderated??? Please do!

13. ex valley says:

The daily news has on its page that garcetti with an early lead of 36% or something, following by gruel. Kevin James is at the back with 8.7%. You people have a lot of work to do if you want Kevin James to win or at least be in the runoff.
    My prediction is garcetti because in LA the machine always wins.